If you are planning to clean the air ducts on your own then there are some things to keep in mind. Removing the mould at home can be difficult because it can harm your health. Therefore, you can keep the following points in mind before start removing the mould from your air ducts.
- To guard yourselves against black mould germs, wear long sleeves and pants with a high-efficiency dusting mask. Whenever you begin cleaning the air conditioner vents, make sure that any members of the family who have mould allergies or respiratory problems are out of the house.
- Disassemble the nuts or tap in on the pressure hooks to detach the vent panel of an air conditioning system. Set the vent cover in a bucket or tub, spray with laundry detergent, and fill with water. After 10 min, wash and air-dry the filter and vent lid.
- Remove any dirt from the bottom of the air conditioning unit, as dust in a damp atmosphere encourages mould growth. A moist environment inside the air ducts will cause the serious issue of mould growth so it will be great to remove it as soon as possible.
- To keep dry mould from spreading into the air, spray the rotors and duct opening with water. Soapy water should be used to thoroughly clean the blades and duct aperture. Mould particles are minute and cannot be seen with the human eye, therefore clean surfaces even if no mould is present.
- 1 cup of detergent and 1 litre of water Wash the rotors, vent openings, and vent inside with a large, elastic brush saturated in diluted bleach. Allow the interior of the vent to completely dry before removing and replacing the vent cover. Any remaining moisture can support the growth of black mould.
- Place mould-infested objects in thick garbage bags and dispose of them. To prevent cross-contamination in other sections of the house, take the bags outside through a window or door in the room you just cleaned. After you’ve finished cleaning the vents, open the windows to let some fresh air in.
You’ll Need these few things
- Highly efficient dirt mask
- Detergent for laundry
- A fresh cloth
- Bottles for spraying
- pliable mop
- pliable mop
A dehydrator can help to decrease humidity in your house and stop the growth of black mould. Therefore, mould easily grow in a humid environment which is why a dehumidifier will be a top choice for you. It will surely help in stopping the growth of mould inside the air conditioning system.
Call a qualified Duct Cleaning Agency in Melbourne to eliminate mould from the unit and ductwork if you have central air conditioning. According to the Department of Public Health in many states, a polluted area of more than 100 square feet should be cleaned by a competent company. Avoid combining bleach with ammonium; it produces hazardous fumes.